In connection with the 2006 launch of the .mobi top-level domain, the dotMobi company reserved a number of commonly used words and phrases (Premium Names) which it now allocates in an equitable manner, other than a traditional first-come, first-served registration basis. Such allocation processes include auctions and a Request for Proposals process. This is in line with dotMobi’s contract with ICANN.
Premium Names are designed to:
- create a level playing field in the allocation of these names.
- increase the likelihood that these domain names will provide mobile users with new features and services.
- preserve the stability and security of registry operations.
The Premium Name Application Process for Trademark Holders, which ran from 15 September to 13 October 2006, was administered by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). It provided trademark holders with an opportunity to remove names from the Premium Name list. This process is now closed.
There is no fixed schedule for Premium Name allocation processes; however, parties may specify their interest in specific Premium Names by completing an Expression of Interest form for a desired Premium Name. These Expressions of Interest forms are on each specific Premium Name Web page.
When a specific Premium Name is due to be allocated, all parties who have expressed an interest in that name will be informed as to how they can participate in the allocation process.
Download the full list of .mobi Premium Names, which link to their corresponding Web pages and Expressions of Interest forms.
- View our Premium Names [Text File], [Excel File]
- For additional information on our Premium Name List and Process, see our Premium Name FAQs
- Read further details mobi Reserved Names
If you have additional questions, please send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.